Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 1: ATL

Wow I can't believe I am actually in ATL for spring break! First, I would like to thank Pat for this opportunity. I am so glad I decided to come....I am having a great time with all the wonderful Bonners who are also on this trip. Ashley is a true G!!! She drove all the way from Jersey to ATL (15 hour drive) with confidence and a smile on her face. Kudos to her =)

My expectations for the first day in ATL were for the most part met. I expected, as usual for this trip to entail bonding with the Bonners. The bonding seriously never ends...I am getting to know my fellow Bonners more & more with each and every experience we are having together in ATL. I am getting to know Erica and Rob...they both have unique personalities and definitely fit right into our Bonner family.

I really liked visiting the Morehouse & Spelman campuses but I wish we could have visited Bonners from their colleges. And it would have been helpful if we had a tour guide or someone to show us around the campus. The King Center was an educational and eye-opening experience. We actually got to go into Martin Luther King Jr.'s house and see his neighborhood....now that is something I didn't expect! It was interesting to know that MLK's sister, Willie Christine King is actually still living around that area and will turn 83 years old soon!

My favorite part of this trip thus far definitely has to be reuniting with JOHN CROSS!!! He has transformed into a handsome, businessman and I am so proud of him! He is loving life in ATL!

For dinner, we all went to P Diddy's restaurant, "Justin," it was nice. The food was fresh and delicious! Although the lighting was way too dim lol! We also went to John's apartment & it is BIG, beautiful and he definitely deserves a place like this! Also it is Nichole's BIRTHDAY!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICHOLE!!! She is finally not a teenager anymore....she has entered the life of the BIG TWO OHHHH!!!

Atlanta is certainly a perfect choice for Bonners to visit since we are a diverse group of people and Georgia and the South in general is embedded with historical roots and deep stories about the struggles different racial groups had to overcome, especially African Americans.

On a side note,, the weather is beautiful and the Southern hospitality is treating us well! I am looking forward to the rest of the trip but I need to go to bed now so goodnight & sweet dreams y'all =)

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment