Wednesday, March 10, 2010

HOTLANTA!!!

Hey y'all!!!
WOW! I know most everyone has started off their blogs by saying that they can't believe that they are in Atlanta, but truthfully I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I AM IN ATLANTA!!!! The 15 hour van ride down here wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be thanks to my awesome co-pilot, Erika, and my two sleeping beauties, Nicole and Sabrina ;).

I really want to thank Bonner, especially Pat, G and Dana for not only making this trip possible, but also for all the TIME and effort that they put forth into every detail of this trip..it has been AWESOME so far! I also want to mention that everyone who is on this trip contributes in some way to the great dynamic of our group..I couldn't imagine living this experience with a more energetic, entertaining, crazy, outrageous, and overall fun group of people..even the two new Bonners, Rob (Bert) and Erika have no choice but to succumb to the craziness that surrounds them..they fit right in ;)..

Yesterday we visited the MLK Center and I was both awed to silence by what I saw, and completely and utterly amazed by the perseverance, resilience, and strength of African American's through their fight for simple privileges and liberties that no America, nor person in our world should go without. I had to take a walk around alone in order to fully grasp and comprehend the magnitude of the Civil Rights struggle, and I am still left in awe when I look back and reflect on what I saw and experienced yesterday. One moment that really sticks out was when this little African American boy, no more than 7 years old questions aloud, "Mommy, why were the White people so mean to those Black people?" This broke my heart. I wondered, "how is this mom suppose to answer a question like that?" I know that I wouldn't have the slightest idea of what to say. But I do know that no child in the present or past should ever have to face these thoughts.

Well gotta go prepare lessons for our service day tomorrow.. :)

See y'all later!!

B-love,
Arod


No comments:

Post a Comment